Blog 4 | Character Illustration

Nubian Princess Illustration

  I create my illustrations initially in my sketch book. From there I scan in my sketch and trace it with the pen tool in Illustrator. With a lot of my work (not just characters), I like to add gradients and have some elements with blurred edges and a lower opacity. I feel that doing these few effects puts dimension in your art and brings it to life.

Chola Illustration

 The above image was created solely inside Illustrator. In my Digital Illustration class we were asked to create a character and to give our character three emotions. I decided to go with irate, smug, and lethargic. This was my first time taking one character and giving the character different facial expressions. This presented a bit of a problem. Of course I wanted my character to have different expressions, however I wanted to keep the integrity of the original character so that all three fell in a harmonious tune. I accomplished this by referencing each character back to the first as well as copying and pasting the same elements (bandana, face structure, and color theme) to all other characters. The result is three different expressions presented within one main character.

0 comments: