Blog 3 | Capturing the Moment


 Musician/Model Photography

  I started venturing out into photography in 2009 and have found that I enjoy capturing a particular mood or feeling in a photograph. The images above are of musicians and models. When working with musicians it's all about capturing how they feel about their music in the shots where as with a model it's more so about posing and the expression in the eyes. My approach for my photography is to have interesting backgrounds and have the subject be the star of the portrait.


 Pictures with Santa

  Pictures with Santa was my first experience photographing children. I prepared for this experience by making sure I had squeaky toys on hand just in case the children got distracted in the mists of trying to look directly at the lens. Having the children's parents in the background also helped their focus and posture. Working with children is always a rewarding experience and I am glad I got to capture their excitement as they sat with Santa Claus.

0 comments: